On World Mental Health Day, Boehringer Ingelheim, is proud to support this annual milestone by showcasing a new way of thinking around the challenges of CNS research. Launching this week, our comprehensive interactive information map showcases how our CNS team is committed to taking bold steps in their CNS research. By starting with how brain circuits malfunction and investigating these pathways, our aim is to alleviate the resulting symptoms that negatively impact on the daily lives of millions of people affected by mental illness: from memory loss, lack of motivation to cognitive impairment, we are looking at these symptoms.
As a company, we actively support the annual World Mental Health Day, to raise awareness of the burden many people face around the world and because we believe, each of us can contribute to ensure that people dealing with problems concerning mental health can live better lives with dignity. And: even if there are setbacks from time to time, our Commitment Never Stops.
Our information platform is designed for everyone and aims to:
- deliver fast facts and figures on mental illness and brain disorders and the vital symptoms of these conditions
- allow the user to dive as deep as he/she likes
- explain personal experiences from people suffering from mental health symptoms
- showcase our neurobiological scientific research to improve our understanding of the brain and ultimately, find effective solutions for brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, schizophrenia or major depressive disorder
- explain the latest brain circuit research to find not only pharmaceutical solutions, but also how we are exploring ways to improve mental health through brain training and other innovative non-pharmacological treatments
- show how our collaborations with leading researchers across the globe can collectively combine efforts and achieve results.